- The Best Mojito
- In order for a Mojito to ever be qualified as the best, it must be made with Simple Syrup.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 handfuls mint leaves
- 1½ - 2 ounces light rum
- 1/2 lime
- 1 can club soda (optional)
- Mix 1 cup water with 1 cup sugar in a saucepan and heat until boiling.
- Stir until the sugar dissolves (about a minute). Then turn off the heat.
- Toss in a handful of mint leaves and let it steep (just sit there off the heat) for an hour or so.
- Strain out the leaves and store in the fridge till you're ready to use it.
- Pour 1 ounce mint-infused simple syrup into a tall glass.
- Add a handful of mint leaves, and muddle it together. (Use a muddler or a spoon.)
- Add crushed ice. Muddle some more.
- Add to that 1-1/2 to 2 ounces of light rum (depending on the kind of day you had.)
- Squeeze in the juice of half a lime.
- Add a splash of club soda and stir. (If you don't have club soda on hand, just use water.)
- Garnish with a mint sprig and a slice of lime.