- Spicy Chicken, Squash & Corn Soup
- 1 pound yellow squash thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup water
- 1 onion finely chopped
- ½ cup green pepper chopped
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 1 can corn 15-ounce
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 can diced green chilies drained 4-ounce
- 1 can chicken broth 12-ounce
- 2 slices reduced-fat Jack cheese cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a medium pot, cook the squash, salt and pepper in the water, covered, over medium-high heat until the squash is tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a non-stick pot, sauté the onion and green pepper over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and tomato, and sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in the corn, green chilies, squash (breaking up with a fork), and chicken broth and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and add cheese; stir until cheese is melted and serve.