- Pimento Hummus
- Make yourself a Healthy Tasty Snack Dip!
|2 ½ cups||15 minutes|
- 1 pound of canned Chick Peas Or you can Slow Cook the Chickpeas recipe for slow cook below
- 1 small jar pimentos drained
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 5 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup tahini stirred well
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil plus extra for serving Powdered turmeric, optional
- Place the chickpeas, garlic, pimentos and kosher salt in the bowl of a food processor. Process for 15 to 20 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the container, and process for another 15 to 20 seconds.
- Add the lemon juice and water. Process for 20 seconds.
- Add the tahini. Process for 20 seconds, then scrape down the sides of the bowl. With the processor running, drizzle in the olive oil.
- To serve, transfer the hummus to a bowl and drizzle with additional olive oil and sprinkle with turmeric, to taste.
Slow Cook Chickpeas Process
- 7 cups water
- 1 pound dry chickpeas, sorted and rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Place the water, chickpeas, and baking soda in a 2 1/2-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on high heat for 4 hours or on low heat for 8 to 9 hours, or until tender. Drain and serve immediately.