- Lemon Salmon Linguini
|4 Servings||30 minutes|
- 1 pound linguine dried or fresh
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup vermouth or dry white wine
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup sliced pitted green olives
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Cooked salmon about 8 ounces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- While the linguine is cooking, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook 3 minutes, until soft. Add thyme and cook 1 minute, until fragrant. Add vermouth and cook 1 minute. Add broth, olives, lemon juice, capers, and lemon zest and bring to a simmer, for 5 minutes.
- When the linguine is cooked, drain and addto the pan with the olive-caper mixture. Toss to combine using tongs and cook 1 minute to heat through. Add Salmon andseason, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Remove from heat and stir in basil. Serve immediately.