- Homemade Apple Chutney Recipe
- One of my favorite ways to eat chicken or fish is baked or roasted with apple chutney on top.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Passive Time|
|6 (1/2 pint) jars||15 minutes||60 minutes||75 minutes|
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 6 cups apples (4 to 5) peeled and cut in 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds whole
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes (hot)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
Servings: (1/2 pint) jars
- Combine sugar and vinegar in a 6 quart pot; bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer, uncovered, until syrupy and slightly thickened, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Stir occasionally during cooking.
- Pour into clean, hot jars leaving 1/2-inch headspace; close jars. Process in a water bath 15 minutes.
- Serve with a slice of cheese on top of French bread or on top of baked chicken or fish.