- Grilled Veggies & Bread Served Hot or Cold
- 1 1/2 pounds assorted bell peppers (about 3 large) cut into 1 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 1 1/2 pounds assorted summer squash cut lengthwise into 1/3-inch-thick slices
- 1 medium-size red onion cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 1 12 - 14-ounce loaf of ciabatta some crust trimmed to expose bread, cut crosswise into 1-inch-thick slices
- olive oil extra-virgin
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel grated
- 1/3 cup olive oil extra-virgin
- 1 pound tomatoes cored, cut into 3/4-inch dice, juices reserved
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup assorted fresh herbs coarsely chopped (such as chives, dill, chervil, and tarragon)
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- Prepare barbecue (medium heat).
- Brush both sides of bell peppers, squash, onion, and bread slices lightly with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill vegetables until tender and brown, about 4 minutes per side for peppers and squash and 3 minutes per side for onion. Grill bread until browned and crisp, turning occasionally, about 4 minutes.
- Cool slightly. Rub bread with cut sides of garlic. Tear bread into 3/4-inch pieces; place in very large bowl. Cut grilled vegetables into 1-inch pieces.
- Whisk first 3 ingredients in small bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in 1/3 cup oil. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add dressing after it stands for 20 minutes to bread and grilled vegetables in ramekins and sprinkle the top with fresh parmesan and put in oven for 5 minutes on 350 degrees to serve if you prefer it warmed.