- Gnocchi with Tomato Sauce and Onions
- 5 cups uncooked gnocchi
- 5 cups fresh diced tomatoes (baby or large)
- 1 medium onion cut in half then thinly sliced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 tbs. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/3 cup fresh basil minced
- 4-5 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil (or more depending on how soupy you want the sauce)
- 1/4-1/3 cup parmesan cheese (with extra to top off dish)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the gnocchi until they float. Drain and set aside for later.
- In a large pan (which high sides), sauté the garlic in about 1 tbs olive oil until fragrant.
- Add the onions and the rest of the olive oil to the pan, and cook until the onions start to soften.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, sugar, salt and garlic salt to the pan and cook until the tomatoes start to soften.
- Add the cooked gnocchi and parmesan cheese (and a little more olive oil if you want a “saucier” sauce) and cook for another 1-2 minutes (until the cheese has melted).
- Serve and top with extra cheese.