- Eudie’s Tuna Soufflé
- This is simple and tasty. It’s great for breakfast or brunch. I have eaten this Tuna Soufflé since I was a child and I will always crave it. Mymom taught me how to make this when I was 7. It’s a handed downrecipe from her grandmother. I hope you love it as much as I do.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Passive Time|
|4 servings||10 minutes||30 minutes||40 minutes|
- 1 can Albacore Tuna in Water drained 12 oz.
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 cup Milk
- All Purpose Seasoning to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- On the stove heat up the butter on med. Low heat just till starts to melt and put in flour and milk gradually while continually stirring. Do not cook on high or be in a hurry. The minute it turns creamy and is a sauce, TAKE it OFF the heat and set aside.
- In a bowl crack the eggs and separate the whites from the yolks.
- Put the drained albacore tuna meat into a bowl and add the egg yolks to it. Mix in the salt, pepper and seasoning salt. NOT too heavy on the salt as it is tuna. Blend the mixture together.
- In a separate bowl but the egg whites and whip them until stiff.
- Fold the egg whites into the the tuna mixture gently. Don’t overdo it or youwill have a flat soufflé.
- Place it in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Put a toothpick in and if it comes out clean it is done. Do NOT keep opening the door to the oven as the soufflé will drop. It should raise and brown.
- Cool and serve with side dishes of your choice.