- Eggs Benedict with Ham & Asparagus
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ pound fresh asparagus trimmed
- 6 thick slices rustic Italian-style artisan bread
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 packet hollandaise sauceOr Hollandaise sauce recipe below 1.25 ounce
- 1½ teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 6 slices black forest ham
- 6 large eggs
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add asparagus; salt and pepper to taste. Sauté until asparagus is crisp-tender. Set aside.
- Place bread on a baking sheet; brush with melted butter. Bake in a preheated 400°F oven 5-8 minutes or until slightly browned. Top with ham slices; continue baking 1 minute. Top with asparagus spears; keep warm.
- In medium saucepan, prepare hollandaise sauce according to package directions. Stir in tarragon; keep warm. Or prepare real sauce given below.
- Poach or fry eggs to desired doneness; place eggs over asparagus. Top with hollandaise sauce; serve immediately.