- Crabby Until Eaten Cakes
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Passive Time|
|15 minutes||10 minutes||25 minutes|
- 1 pound Blue crab meat or other lump crab meat
- 4 Saltine crackers
- 4 Ritz crackers
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. mustard
- 1/4 tsp. Worcestershire
- 1 1/2 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- salt to taste
- 1 1/4 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Carefully check the crab meat for any cartilage. Put meat in a bowl and set it aside.
- Crush the saltine and Ritz crackers very fine and mix with all the other ingredients. Gently fold in the crab. Only mix enough to combine ingredients. You don't want to break up the crab into fine shreds. Shape into 6 crab cakes, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat about 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and butter in a non-stick frying pan. Sauté until golden brown on each side. This will only take about 3-5 minutes per side. Garnish with tartar sauce, remoulade, or simply with a squeeze of lemon on top. Enjoy as they melt in your mouth.