- Coconut Pineapple Rice Pudding
- My dad loves rice pudding so I had to find the best recipe I could just for him. Now, just for you!
|6 Servings||45 minutes|
- 1 quart whole milk
- 1 cup Arborio rice (about 8 ounces)
- ½ cup drained crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 can un-sweetened coconut milk 14-ounce
- 1/2 cup coarsely shredded unsweetened coconut
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- In a large saucepan, combine the milk, rice and sugar with 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Simmer over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until the rice is tender and suspended in a thick, creamy sauce, about 30 minutes. Stir in the coconut milk and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the rice is very tender and the liquid is thickened, about 10 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- In a medium saucepan, toast the coconut over moderate heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and golden, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Spoon the rice pudding into bowls, garnish with the toasted coconut and serve. Garnish with sweetened flaked coconut that is toasted. Dig in!