- Barbecue Bourbon Pork Ribs
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Passive Time|
|6 servings||20 minutes||130 minutes||150 minutes|
- 4 to 5 pounds pork ribs
- Salt and pepper
- No-Cook Low Carb Bourbon Barbecue Sauce recipe follows
- No-Cook Low Carb Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
- 29 ounces no sugar added tomato sauce
- 6 ounces no sugar added tomato paste
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/2 cup natural sugar substitute (recommended: Blue Agave nectar)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons red onion finely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 290 degrees F.
- Season the ribs liberally with salt and pepper on both sides and place in a proportionate size deep roasting pan. Add 1 cup barbecue sauce and 2 cups water over the ribs until almost completely submergedIf it isn’tthen add a bit more sauce and water or use a smaller pan. Cover tightly with aluminum foil, place on center rack of the oven, and bake for about 2 hours or until meat is almost falling off the bone.
- Remove, drain liquid immediately, and coat cooked ribs with fresh barbecue sauce. It is best to make the ribs a day ahead up to this point. Refrigerate overnight and bring to room temperature before grilling.
- Preheat a grill to high. Place ribs on grill and grill for just a few minutes on each side. Serve.
No-Cook Low Carb Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
- Combine sauce ingredients in a bowl and whisk well to combine.