- Au Gratin Potatoes Italian Style
- 1 pound Italian Ground Sausage
- 16 ounces processed cheese cubed
- 1 cup medium chunky salsa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fennel seed crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 pounds potatoes boiled, peeled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink; crumbling the sausage as it cooks. Drain and set aside.
- Place cheese in a large microwaveable-safe bowl. Microwave on medium for 1 to 2 minutes or until melted, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in sausage and salsa. Microwave on high for 2 minutes or until hot.
- Add the fennel seed, garlic powder, oregano and basil. Carefully fold in potatoes.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 13×9-inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35 minutes or until hot and golden brown.