- Simplest & Greatest Focaccia Bread
- If you like lots of flavor with herbs and seasonings and you want it to be easy this is Focaccia bread to make.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Passive Time|
|12 servings||45 minutes||15 minutes||60 minutes|
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packet active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup warm water (105-115 degrees)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- Mix the yeast and water in a small bowl. Let proof for 10 minutes (until bubbles begin to form).
- In large bowl, stir together flour, salt, sugar, garlic powder, oregano, thyme, basil, and black pepper.
- Add the yeast mix and vegetable oil to the dry ingredients and combine.
- When dough has pulled together, turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic.
- Lightly oil a large bowl, place dough in bowl, and turn to coat with oil.
- Cover with damp cloth and let rise in warm place 25 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Punch dough down, place on greased baking sheet.
- Pat dough into 1/2-inch thick rectangle (doesn't have to be perfect).
- Usingyour knuckle, make indentations in the dough about 1/2-inch apart, then prick dough with fork.
- Brush top with olive oil, then sprinkle with Parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until golden brown.