- Peppermint Cream Puffs
- Try these mouthwatering and special peppermint flavored cream puffs. Bring them to a party and you will always be invited.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Passive Time|
|10 servings||30 minutes||85 minutes||115 minutes|
- Puffs Ingredients
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- Peppermint Whipped Cream Filling
- 2 cups whipping cream
- ¼ cup granulated or powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract or ¼ cup crushed peppermint
- 6 drops red food color
- Heat oven to 400ºF. In 2 1/2-quart saucepan, heat water and butter to rolling boil. Stir in flour; reduce heat to low. Stir vigorously over low heat about 1 minute or until mixture forms a ball; remove from heat. Beat in eggs, all at once; continue beating until smooth.
- On ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by slightly less than 1/4 cupfuls about 3 inches apart. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until puffed and golden. Cool away from draft, about 30 minutes.
- Make the filling (directions below). Cut off top third of each puff and pull out any strands of soft dough. Fill puffs with filling; replace tops. Cover; refrigerate until serving. Store covered in refrigerator.
- Peppermint Whipped Cream Filling: In large bowl, beat ingredients with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fill puffs. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours.