- Grilled Chicken & Vegetable Salad
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Passive Time|
|4 servings||15 minutes||10 minutes||25 minutes|
- 1.3-1.5 pounds chicken breast tenders 2 packages from meat case
- Salt and pepper
- 8 pita breads
- 1 ripe lemon zested and juiced
- 3 tablespoon red wine vinegar eyeball it
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil eyeball it
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped oregano 4 stems, stripped of leaves and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 cup fresh green beans
- 1 Avocado Sliced and cubed
- 2 hearts Romaine lettuce chopped
- 8 ounces parmesan cheese
- 2 vine ripe tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1/3 seedless or English cucumber diced
- 1/2 red onion chopped or sliced your preference
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley leaves a couple of handfuls, chopped
- Preheat grill pan over high heat. Place chicken in shallow dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. Wrap pita breads in foil. Place in warm oven and heat until dinner is served.
- Combine lemon zest, juice and vinegar in a bowl and whisk in oil. Add oregano, garlic and whisk again to combine into dressing. Pour half the dressing over chicken tenders. Turn tenders in dressing to coat.
- Combine remaining salad ingredients in a bowl. Pour remaining dressing over salad and toss well. The salad should be very lightly dressed. Season salad with salt and pepper.
- Grill tenders 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Transfer hot tenders to the salad. If you are having Pitas remove them from oven and unwrap. Cut pitas in half and arrange around the edge of platter.
- This can be eaten as a salad or into pita halves enjoy!