- Fluffy and Moist Devil’s Food Cake
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup hot coffee
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Ganache Frosting
- 10 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate coarsely chopped
- ½ cup water (or cream)
- ¾ cup unsalted butter (1½ sticks)
- Preheat oven to 325
- In a large bowl whisk together dry ingredients. Add coffee, oil and buttermilk and mix until combined. Add eggs and vanilla and mix for another 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into two greased and floured 9-inch round baking pans. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool in pans until warm and then remove from pans and allow to cool completely on a cooling rack.
- While cakes are cooling prepare frosting by melting the chopped chocolate with the water (or cream) in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, stirring occasionally until melted.
- Remove the bowl from the pan of water. Cut the butter into small pieces and whisk them into the chocolate until completely melted and the ganache is smooth.
- Cool until spreadable, which may take about 1 hour at room temperature.
- Frost cooled cake.
- Take a bite of cake.
- Relax you are now in heaven.