- Crusted Halibut with Sweet Relish
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon macadamia nut or vegetable oil
- Salt and white pepper
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup toasted macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 eggs lightly whisked
- 4 halibut filets (6 ounces each)
- Relish Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3-inch piece of fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 4 ripe peaches pitted and thinly sliced
- Honey to taste
- ½ cup pomegranate pieces
- 4 green onion thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
To make peach pomegranate relish
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large sauté pan. Add the ginger and cook for 1 minute. Add 3 of the peaches and pomegranate and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add honey to taste.
- Remove from the heat and fold in the remaining peaches, green onion, parsley, vinegar and oil and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl and serve at room temperature.
To make Halibut
- Chop macadamia nuts roughly by hand or pulse in food processor. Mix with panko; season with salt. Season flour with salt and pepper.
- Place panko mixture, flour and eggs in 3 shallow bowls. Season halibut with salt and pepper; lightly dredge one side of each filet in flour, patting off excess. Dip floured side of filet into eggs, then into panko mixture, patting to make sure that panko adheres.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium high heat. Cook filets, crust side down, until golden. With a spatula, turn over carefully and cook until a small knife inserted into fish meets no resistance.
- Garnish with Mango Pomegranate Relish