- Crème de Mint Cup Cakes
- Putting mint and chocolate together is an awesome idea and a delight to eat.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Passive Time|
|28 Servings||35 minutes||20 minutes||55 minutes|
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups Milk
- 4 ounces sweet baking chocolate chopped
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons green crème de menthe
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 recipe Grasshopper Frosting
- Milk chocolate kisses (optional)
- Mint Frosting Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons green crème de menthe
- Allow butter and eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan combine milk and chocolate. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until chocolate is melted and cool.
- Grease and flour twenty-eight 2-1/2-inch muffin cups (or line with paper bake cups). In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add sugar, about 1/4 cup at a time, beating on medium speed until combined. Scrape sides of bowl; beat for 2 minutes more or until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in crème de menthe and vanilla. Alternately add flour mixture and chocolate mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. Beat on medium to high speed for 20 seconds more.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each about three-fourths full. Use the back of a spoon to smooth out batter in cups.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool cupcakes in muffin cups on wire racks for 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from muffin cups. Cool completely on wire racks.
- or spread mint frosting onto tops of cupcakes. Top each with a milk chocolate kiss.
- In a 1-cup glass measuring cup combine the cold water and gelatin. Let stand for 2 minutes. Place measuring cup in a saucepan of boiling water. Cook and stir about 1 minute or until gelatin is completely dissolved. In a large mixing bowl combine whipping cream, sugar, and crème de menthe. Drizzle the warm gelatin mixture over cream mixture while beating constantly with an electric mixer on medium speed. Continue beating on medium to high speed until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight).