- Chicken Vegetable Soup
- When you are craving something hot and comforting this is an easy stove top recipe that will help soothe your cold.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Passive Time|
|4 servings||15 minutes||25 minutes||40 minutes|
- 2 cups chopped chicken meat
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup diced potato
- 1/4 cup diced carrot
- 1/2 cup light cream
- Sauté chicken in butter for 3 minutes in soup pot.
- Add onion, celery, green pepper and garlic. Sauté for another 3 minutes. Add broth, bouillon, thyme and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes and carrots and reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat; quickly stir in cream.
- Take bite and relax on the couch.