- Chicken Tamale Casserole
- This is a really easy recipe and has some great Tex-Mex flavors that are not in the typical tamale pie recipe because there are some added changes to it that backs them even better! Try it and you’ll see what I mean. Yum!
|8 servings||30 minutes|
- 1 1/4 cups pre-shredded Mexican blend cheese (6 oz.)
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 can creamed corn (14 3/4 oz.)
- 1 (8.5 oz.) box corn muffin mix (I use Jiffy)
- 1 can chopped green chilies drained (4 oz.)
- Cooking spray
- 1 small can sliced black olives drained
- 1 can green enchilada sauce (I use Macyao’s its MUCH better) (10 oz.)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- sour cream fresh diced tomatoes, diced avocado for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400
- Combine 1/4 cup of the cheese and the next 6 ingredients (through chilies) in a large bowl, stirring just until moist.
- Pour mixture into a 13x9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes or until set.
- Pierce entire surface liberally with a fork and pour about 2/3 of the enchilada sauce over top and sprinkle evenly black olives. Top with chicken, drizzle remaining sauce over chicken and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Return to 400 degree oven and bake for 15 minutes or until bubbly and cheese has melted. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut into 8 squares and top with sour cream, tomatoes and avocado if you like it but it doesn’t have to be on it to be great!