- Cajun Sesame Chicken Salad Recipe
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Passive Time|
|4-6 servings||15 minutes||15 minutes||30 minutes|
- 1 pound grilled chicken breasts or left over chicken breasts skinless, boneless
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. mustard
- 1 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 2 hard boiled eggs chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup sliced green or yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh green beans or asparagus
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- Tabasco or other hot sauce to taste
- Set a 2-quart pot of well salted water over high heat. As the water heats to a boil, cut the chicken breasts into large (2 1/2-inch) chunks. When the water boils, add the chicken. Turn off the heat and cover the pot. Let sit for 15 minutes (time it) or more while you prepare everything else.
- In a large bowl, mix the mayo, mustard, vinegar, paprika, Cajun seasoning and horseradish together. Mix in the eggs, celery, green pepper, green onion.
- Chop or dice chicken. Mix it in with the remaining ingredients. Add salt and hot sauce to taste. Chill before serving.
- Serve over couscous or butter lettuce.