- Bolognese Meat Sauce
- This Bolognese sauce is a slow cooked for at least a couple of hours and the sauce is deep, rich, flavorful and worth the time it takes to prepare.A true Italian specialty that I will always love.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Passive Time|
|6 people||15 minutes||180 minutes||195 minutes|
- ½ cup red dry wine
- 2 oz. Diced pancetta finely chopped
- 1 Medium Spanish onion or yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 Stalk celery finely chopped
- 1 Carrot finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 11 oz. Ground beef
- 4 oz. Ground pork
- 4 oz. Ground Italian sausage
- 1 freshly ground clove
- Dash of freshly ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds peeled and chopped tomatoes (or 1 28-oz cans whole peeled tomatoes, packed in water)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Combine pancetta, onion, celery, and carrot in sauté pan with butter and cook over medium heat until onion turns pale gold.
- Add the beef, pork, sausage to the soffritto, and increase the heat to high; cook until browned. Sprinkle with the clove, cinnamon, and pepper.
- Stir in tomatoes, bring to a simmer and reduce the heat to medium. Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes. If you are using whole canned tomatoes, break them up as you add them to the sauce.
- Add milk and wine and season with sea salt. Then turn down the heat and simmer for 2 and 1/2 hours. Stir at least every 20 minutes. Whenever the sauce gets too dry and starts sticking to the pan just add 1/4 cup of water and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Serve with your favorite pasta.