- Baked Tomatoes with Stuffed Mushroom & Cheese
- Dress up your plated dish with this vegetable treat that is a taste of class.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Passive Time|
|8 servings||30 minutes||10 minutes||40 minutes|
- 4 large tomatoes
- Dash salt
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons soft bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese divided
- Cut tomatoes in half; scoop out and discard pulp, leaving a thin shell. Sprinkle lightly with salt; invert on paper towels to drain for 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet, sauté mushrooms in butter until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with flour; stir in cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the bread crumbs, parsley and 1/3 cup of cheese. Spoon into tomato cups; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.