- Bacon Rigatoni with Spinach and Blue Cheese
|5 servings||35 minutes|
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ pound bacon
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 6 cups fresh spinach leaves chopped
- 1 1/3 cups chopped seeded tomato
- 1/2 cup fat-free less-sodium chicken broth
- 8 cups hot cooked rigatoni (about 16 ounces uncooked tube-shaped pasta)
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or your favorite white cheese (2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts toasted
- Cook bacon in nonstick skillet over medium heat until crispy and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and cook 20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Add spinach, tomato, and broth; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine spinach mixture, pasta, cheese, pine nuts and crumbled crispy bacon in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss well to coat and serve.